Once the student's parent has invited you to be the student's sponsor, you will receive an email invitation to support the student with the subject line: "Please support me in my Read-A-Thon!" Click on the blue button that says "View Your Invitation."
Once the page loads, you will see a description of the purpose of the fundraiser, a place to write an optional message to the student you are sponsoring, and a place to make a donation.
Making a Donation:
First, choose your donation type. There are three options for making a donation:
- A fixed online payment via credit card
- A fixed offline payment via check/cash
- A per-hour pledge based on the amount read by the student
Once you choose your donation type, choose your dollar amount:
- Click on a dollar amount that fits your budget
- Or, choose "Other" to type in your own dollar amount
Once you have selected a dollar amount, fill out your payment information:
- For all donations, double-check your name and email address, and double-check the dollar amount.
- For fixed online donations, fill in your credit card information
- For fixed offline donations, check the box to agree to sending cash/check to the school (you will receive an email with the mailing information at the end of the fundraiser).
- For per hour donations, note that your pledge will increase each time the student logs reading, and you will be emailed a link to fulfill the total donation at the end of the fundraiser (either via cash/check or via credit card).
Once you have verified all information is correct, click the Confirm button:
- A confirmation window will pop up, listing the dollar amount you are donating or pledging to donate. Click Confirm to submit your donation or Change to go back and edit your donation.