Parents must provide a valid email address in order to authorize their child's account. Parental authorization allows students to invite mentors and sponsors (family members, family friends, etc.) who can view the student's progress, suggest books, "like" or comment on their posts and responses, and make donations on the student's behalf. These mentor and sponsor invitations must be approved by the parent who authorized the student's account. We take student privacy seriously, and parental authorization is one of the ways ReadaFun protects the online safety of our student users and remains compliant with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Teachers can also invite parents to authorize student accounts.
To authorize your child's account:
- Log in to your student's account using the username and password provided by the school.
- Click Invite Sponsors.
- Enter your email address and click Send!
- Look for an email in your inbox with the subject line "Complete [Child's Name]'s online permission slip!" You might have to check your spam folder.
- Click the blue Go To Permission Slip button. A page will open in your browser.
- Verify you are the parent/guardian by selecting your child's teacher.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Review our terms and conditions.
- Check the box at the bottom to accept our terms and conditions.
- Click Authorize Account/Give Permission.
- You will be taken to the donation page where you can sponsor your child and invite friends and family to become sponsors. Check your email to access your child's reading profile or your parent center.